Sunday, August 07, 2005

Here's something the other tour guides won't tell you...


BigGulp
Originally uploaded by dlew022.
I have a thing with 7-11. I love that place! I eat their food whether I'm drunk or sober...well, except the nachos which I once made the mistake of eating while sober.

Never again!
Their sandwiches are surprisingly good as well.

I usually peruse the aisles just to keep up to date on what's new in snacking and it's a good thing I did.

About a month ago I was coming home from work and I stopped at 7-11

like I usually do for a Big Gulp. It was HOT so I was craving ice cream as well. As I looked in the ice cream case I saw an odd shaped cup. I took it out and looked at it and...damn, someone is a GENIUS.

The cup is filled with ice cream and what you do is, tear off the paper cover and slip the ice cream cup on top of your Big Gulp cup. Then you tear off the other paper lid and press out the ice cream into your cup. THEN...you fill the Big Gulp with whatever soda you choose.

I'm a big fan of
Barq's rootbeer though and for some reason, the 7-11's here have downgraded to IBC rootbeer. So I've been hitting the Coke floats pretty heavy. If you find yourself in 7-11 be sure to check out the "Soda Float." It's well worth it.

No comments: