Saturday, April 29, 2006

My Surreal Life



Aaargh! I have a splitting headache brought about from way too much beer and not nearly enough food. Why do I do this to myself? I'm 34, not 24. Anyway...

With a pounding headache in full effect, I'm off to my cousin (well, Erica's cousin so mine by marriage) Marilyn's 60th birthday party. Normally, 60 isn't much of a milestone, although right this second it feels like one for me personally. However, Marilyn has downs syndrome and alot of time, they don't live past 40. But Marilyn is one cool chick and she's still got it together at 60!

As cool as that is, she's super into all things Latin of late. She works and spends her money at the Mexican market buying candy and music. So, she decided to have a fiesta for her birthday. We got a pinata and a super funny "Romantic Mexican Singer" to perform. Plus, there'll be beer and food...it should be great. But I'm not going to lie and say the thought of over 20 retarded people at a Mexican fiesta isn't going to be a total trip. Yes, I am an asshole. But if you can keep a straight face while a retarded person swings at a pinata, you're either lobotomized or a better person than me.

Story in progress....

No comments: