Thursday, June 08, 2006

Pay me my money down...



So the Springsteen show Tuesday night was, as expected...simply amazing. First off, I love the new album. It's a bluegrass/dixieland/folk mixture of old Pete Seeger songs that really hold up today. Hearing music like that is just plain fun and seeing it live is really something special.

My sister got Erica tickets for her birthday and as I mentioned in the previous audio post, they were in the eighth row! Here's a bad photo of how close we were:


Damn, that's close!

The Boss and his 16 piece band hit the stage at around 8:25 and just nailed the opening song, "John Henry" and he never looked back. Not for three hours! Well, the band stumbled on the encore which was "Rag Momma Rag" by the Band...but still. They simply killed all night long. He played pretty much everything off The Seeger Sessions album and did worked up versions of his songs "Atlantic City," "Johnny 99" (I think) and "Devils and Dust." It was a great, great show.

As with every time I've see Springsteen it's a totally uplifting experience. The guy is honest and amazing and his heart and soul are in the music. I could literally feel the music in my heart. I know it sounds cheesy, but it's true. He doesn't get up there and preach, he lets his songs do the talking. As such...I was moved and inspired by the show and am now set to take on a new project at work. More on that later...

No comments: