Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Happy New Year, indeed!



2006 was a trip. Personally and creatively, I saw some HUGE growth and that felt really good. But we also had some deaths here towards the end that were just...sad. My wifes grandmother died last week after a long illness and then I found out my old roomate Marc died. That really made me sad. He was a terrific guy. Damn. But...

New Years Eve was really great! Having had a shitty last 2 years I felt like I could finally really "toast" to a year being over and "toast" the new one coming in. And toast I did. Alot. The band I manage FIVE A.M. hosted a PIRATE BALL at the best brewery in the world Russian River Brewing Company. It was well attended and very swarthy. I drank alot of beer and still felt O.K. yesterday. Oh! I also got to see the NY Jets beat the hapless Raiders to get into the plaoffs!! GO JETS!

However I got some REALLY great news today when I received an email informing John and I that STRINGERS had been accepted to the Cinequest Film Festival in San Jose!! It's a big festival and it's growing every year. It's going to be a total blast and I can't wait to go and have fun close to home. Yet what really makes me happy about being accepted there is, I don't know a soul at the fest. Although I'm extremely proud of STRINGERS and I think it's really, really good and stands on it's own...I did know a person or two at the Austin fest. I will say, there are alot of people who know people and still didn't get in. But in the back of my self-depricating mind, I always wondered...

But we did win the audience award and we did field a ton of questions at the Q&A...it's just me beating myself up again. It's my favorite hobby! But anyway, we got into a festival that we didn't know anybody at and that's a great way to start the year!

Check out Cinequest HERE!

Happy New Year everyone!! Top 10 lists coming this week!

No comments: