Saturday, April 21, 2007

My newest lil opus...

So, a few weeks ago my doc filmmaking partner John and I participated in the "Fairfax Documentary Challenge." Basically, you had 10 hours to make a 4 minute doc that has to do with the city of Fairfax, CA. Neither of us had been to Fairfax so we started emailing around, asking for ideas of what we could do.

Of the 6-7 responses we got, all of them mentioned this "colorful" local character that wears super short shorts, drives an old convertable and is rarely seen with less than 3 young girls on his arm. We had to find this guy!

So the Friday night before the challenge, John and I holed up in a bar in Fairfax and started trying to track this guy down. We got some good leads and the next day, we made this doc. It's pretty cool (if I do say so myself) and John and I won second place in the challenge!

Enjoy and pass it on!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkziEfeb374

No comments: