Friday, May 05, 2006

Between the champagne, hand-jobs and kissin' ass by everyone involved...



Tonight the wifey and I are off to the glorious FILLMORE in San Francisco to see Chris Kirkwood (he, of near heroin death as well as Meat Puppet fame), Son Volt and, what may very well be a new member in my elite group of favorite bands, The Drive by Truckers. I'm super psyched as I'm also a hot/cold fan of Son Volt, but I'm a sucker for hard drinkin', heavy rockin' bands with a soft spot and that's the DBT's.

Originally the show was going to be Kirkwood, then the DBT's, then Son Volt and that bummed me out. Seeing Son Volt after the power and energy of the Drive by Truckers would be like....drinking Zima after a 12 pack of Coors light. We get the late night show with the Drive by's so you can expect a full report on the bottle of Jack Daniels they pass around! Hope I get a poster!

Oh, and here's a hillarious picture of Jay Farrar that pretty much sums up how I feel about him: "Uhhh...dude, what're you doing??"



Who the hell is the kid on the bike??

No comments: