Wednesday, December 19, 2007

o.k...I'm back

So.....I have the month off of work and it's been amazing. I was seriously on the verge of losing my mind. I feel simply awful about ditching out on work, but if I didn't, I would have cracked up. Seriously. I spread myself way too thin and my literal and figurative "house" was in disarray. My physical house is still a disaster, but....we finished out short film in time to send it in for SXSW and I think we have a great chance of getting in and that would honestly be a dream come true. My mind is almost in order. Almost.

Since I took leave, I've spent time with lil Story (not enough) and grabbed handfuls of homework, readings, papers and just....hanging with fellow students, all of which I needed badly. Now I have a paper and a half left and I'm free. I couldn't be prouder of myself for taking this huge bite of responsibility and coming out the other side mostly unscathed. I had 15 units (5 classes!), my job, my band (who were luckily mostly recording), my BABY, my wife, my life....it was way too much. And sadly, I say I'm "proud" I did it all...but really, I'm pissed that I challenge myself in ways that no one but myself cares about. Seriously, I'm the only one that cares and rather than bask in the glow, I feel like....emotionally raped and as if I did everything half ass...save our movie which fucking rules. Ah well, lesson learned.

Anywho, I'm finishing up 2 papers this week and then..Saturday....VAN HALEN!! What a great cherry on top of this sundae. I unabashedly love VH, especially David Lee Roth VH and I need to blow off some steam. Plus, all the youtube vids of the "new" old VH have been awesome. I saw this tonight and damn, that Diamond Dave can spin a yarn....

No comments: