Monday, November 05, 2007

I'm back!



After a brief hiatus, I'm back to my blog. Aside from baby time, I've just been plain busy. We're STILL editing our new doc, school is in FULL swing and work, sleep, baby, movies, shows....wow. My old plan to get rid of February and add another hour to the day seems more and more genius all the time.

I'm holding it all together pretty well and I've seen some GREAT movies lately and I also saw Springsteen again! The show was just o.k. Like pizza and BJ's, even when it's so-so Springsteen is pretty great. I just wasn't that crazy about the setlist. It was alot of new stuff...which is o.k....and kind of vapid/pointless old stuff like "Tunnel of Love" and "Workin' on a Highway." Plus they shut off the beer on the third level where we were THEN shut off the escalator going down so it took forever to get more beer.

Still, you gotta respect The Boss. He can do whatever he wants and dammit, you'll like it. I love that he doesn't give in to convention. The whole setlist is here: http://www.brucespringsteen.net/live/2007setlists.html#20071026

I also saw two AMAZING movies: "The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford" and "No Country for Old Men." I'm doing a review of the latter for Film Threat but man, I simply cannot wait to see it again. I saw a special screening of it in San Rafael and Josh Brolin was there. He was pretty funny and off the cuff...in a douchebaggy kind of way. It opens this Friday I think and you should check it out. Be warned....it's uber violent and bloody and it's also an incredibly frustrating movie, but in a great way.

Tonight there's a really special screening of "There Will be Blood" in SF and I really, really, really want to go. It doesn't even open until Christmas. But, the earliest I can safely leave work would be 4:00 and the doors open at 6:30. Parking near the Castro is a nightmare, plus I have to go to SF again in the morning. But here's the thing....I'm totally loving the MA program at SF State and I really dig my classmates and they all get to go. They all live really close to SF. I hate missing out on fun stuff. When I went to Cal State Northridge, I didn't really work much so I could really enjoy being just "a student." Now I have to balance so much and it takes away from what I really love to do. I'm literally on the fence about going.....grrr.

Anyway, that's a brief update and I plan to write more and more often.

No comments: