Thursday, February 09, 2006

Jeff Tweedy at the Fillmore....Night One



As was to be expected, last night was amazing. I have to say too....best crowd I've seen at a show in a long time. There was virtually NO talking and if people started yammering, they got shooshed. Way to go San Francisco! I put some pics above of the upstairs room at the Fillmore. It's so cool there. Just hundreds of posters from the olden, golden days of rock. Seeing posters for shows that cost $5 and had like.....The Band, Quicksilver Messenger Service, Chuck Berry and (usually) Wavy Gravy on em...wow. Can you imagine? The music bizz is so whacked out now a show comparable to that would be like, 10 bands for $100 at an outdoor place where you can't see shit.

Anyway, enough waxing on....here's the set list....I cribbed it off viachicago.org, the super Wilco fansite:

Sunken Treasure
Remember The Mountain Bed
Muzzle of Bees
(Was I) In Your Dreams
Bob Dylan's 49th Beard
Please Tell My Brother
*Amoeba Records story*
Theologians
The Ruling Class
Summerteeth
Pieholden Suite
new song-Is That The Thanks I Get?
IATTBYH
I Can't Keep From Talking
Passenger Side
--------------------------------------------
Airline to Heaven (w/Nels Cline on dobro)
At My Window Sad and Lonely (w/Nels)
A Shot in the Arm
---------------------------------------------
Far, Far Away (w/Glenn Kotche on drums)
Laminated Cat/Not For The Season (w/Glenn)
Heavy Metal Drummer (w/Glenn)
I'm The Man Who Loves You (w/Glenn)
In A Future Age (w/Nels and Glenn)
*happy birthday to Matt (the guitar tech)*
War on War (w/Nels and Glenn)
Acuff-Rose (performed at the edge of the stage, without the PA system)
-------------
That last one was amazing. It was so quiet Jeff sang the whole song and when he was done, the place just erupted. Jeff told some great stories, was funny and engaging. Nels Cline opened (I missed him as I wolfed down some $12 nachos and a $3 coke upstairs) and then he came out and played some songs. Glenn Kotche also played and Jeff seemed alot more comfy having him onstage. All in all, a great night. I was going to take some pix of the man onstage, but they would've looked crappy. I can't wait for tonight!

No comments: