Thursday, December 15, 2005

King Kong is dead. Long Live King Kong!!!


Kong!!!
Originally uploaded by dlew022.
If you'll note the time I'm posting this, you'll see it's 1:30 a.m. on a school night. But I just got in from KING KONG and wanted to be amongst the first to say.....IT ROCKS!!!

I'm not a big CGI guy, but Kong is freeking amazing. Andy Serkis (the guy who provided the eyes and movements of Kong as well as for Golum in the LOTR films) deserves an honorary Oscar....he also deserved one for playing Golum. Serkis is truly a cinematic pioneer and someday we'll look back and realize that.

The film drags a little in the beginning but all that stuff needs to be there as the storylines get set-up as well as the theme of the movie. Once the crew hits Skull Island, it's ON like DONKEY KONG.

I'm impressed by this movie on so many levels, I can't even start to explain. One thing I will say is that this is a movie about loving movies. It's a totally FUN time and it's also very touching. I distinctly remember seeing the original KING KONG as a kid and being very sad at what becomes of him. This new version really adds to that and what you end up with is a fun, exciting and touching film.

One final note....every time I go to the movies, I hate it more. Teeny bopper wanna-be gang bangers yap all through the show and it's tough to say anything because they may be packing some heat. The last thing I need is to get stabbed by some Rohnert Park dipshit in a movie theater. Also, to the idiot old man in front of me who kept narrating to himself throughout the movie- fuck you.

All that aside, take your chances and see this EPIC on the big screen. More later.

No comments: