Sunday, March 05, 2006

Oscar Night



I like the Oscars. I do feel art shouldn't be forced to compete, but film is an art form and a business si it's all good. We have people over to watch the show on my huge TV, we have a pool and I always win. Well, I usually win. The only bummer this year is there's no real surprises and no movies I'm really rooting for. I really liked all the Best Picture nominees but there's nothing I'm a total fanboy over. Still, it's fun to watch the show. Here's my picks and in parenthesis are what I want to win if there's a difference:

Best Picture: BROKEBACK MOUNTAIN (Munich)
Best Actor: Phillip Seymore Hoffman (Heath Ledger)
Best Supporting Actor: George Clooney
Best Actress: Felicity Huffman (I don't care, at all)
Best Supporting Actress: Rachel Weisz
Best Director: Ang Lee (Steven Spielberg)
Original Screenplay: CRASH (anything but CRASH but specifically SQUID AND THE WHALE)
Adapted Screenplay: BROKEBACK MOUNTAIN (MUNICH or A HISTORY OF VIOLENCE)
ANIMATED FILM: WALLACE AND GROMMIT: CURSE OF THE WERERABBIT

We do a bunch more in our pool but I'm just hitting the big ones here. Check back to make fun of me for losing!

No comments: