Saturday, March 04, 2006

Talking to you girl, it's like long division YEAH....

I've got quite a few emails and comments (personally) about the Rhett Miller CD I was pursuing and to answer them: It's good. It's very frothy and very sweet and I'm not sure how I feel about all the orchestration, but I like it. Moving on...

This Friday I leave for South by Southwest and I'm literally STOKED. I'm like...all a flutter inside but, in keeping up with my week thus far, I got some shocking, fucked up news. I thought Team Film Threat was staying until St. Patty's Day which is Friday the 17th but I found out Wednesday that they're ALL leaving Monday the 13th. Thus, my hotel situation became dire. I not only needed to find housing for 4 more days, but the pickens are slim....so slim the reservation I made was for a dirt bag hotel on a frontage road 6 miles out of town! Getting a cab at 1 a.m. during the biggest U.S. music festival is laughable and I was already hating it. Then, as if sent from above, I got some great news.

I'm on the yahoo group for Slobberbone, a band I love dearly and who recently broke up. Their new incarnation "The Drams" are going to be at SXSW so I'm excited to see em. Out of nowhere and in my lowest point (having my car just die and getting stuck with 4 days of a hotel bill) some Prince on the Slobberbone yahoo group decided he couldn't go to SXSW and offered up his reservations to a fellow 'Bone fan. I emailed him and WHAMMO! I'm (likely) all set at a hotel right smack dab in the middle of town! And it's like $15 cheaper than what I had! All is well now and I've started making preliminary plans for music and films to see.

it's SO HARD though. It's like doing long division or registering for classes. Like...if I see MARAH here on ____ night, I'll miss Rhett Miller _____ at blank p.m. On and on. Plus there's free parties all day, sleeping, films...ugh. It's quite simply the best problem to have and I can't wait till this time next week!

No comments: