Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Sundance...you better take care...

"if I find you been sneaking down on the stair...." Yeah, it was "Sundown," I know. And I don't think there was stair sneaking going on. Anyway...

Tomorrow is going to be a personal disaster as I have yet to pack for my trip to the 2006 Sundance Film Festival. I am the ultimate OVER packer but I don't feel too bad about that when I go to Sundance because it's cold, snowy and chock full of Mormons. You just can't pack enough to defend against those things. However all week I've felt antsy and nervous and already sweating that I've "forgot something." I won't be able to sleep tomorrow night, I guarantee.

I made a list of the films I've been assigned so feel free to check them out and go to Sundance.org and see what I'm in for. I'll post it aboce this post. Mark Bell over at Film Threat did a really nice job assigning us screenings. If he kept us out late on one night, the next day usually doesn't have a screening until Noon. Very cool. However, I've never "had" to see films at Sundance. I always volunteered (for 9 years!) and then saw what I wanted and wrote a review if it was a movie they didn't have. now I've got 3-4 screenings A DAY and alot of it is, well, stuff that doesn't sound all that great.

Plus the screenings I've always gone to have been the ones with the regular crowd and the stars and the filmmakers. My screenings are thus far all press screenings so it'll be me and fellow sweaty film journos. I'm certainly not complaining, I'm just not sure what to expect whereas before I've had it all timed out down to the inevitable crash in day 10. That's another cool thing, I'm only there for 7 days instead of the usual 12-14. 7 days at that madhouse is juuuust enough.

Anyway, please feel free to comment on my blog (now and anytime) and be sure t check out Film Threat as well. Thanks for reading....

No comments: