Sunday, January 08, 2006

Yet, I regress...

Just went with the wife to see MATCH POINT and it was really awesome! Hopefully more on that later. After the movie we had to go to Home Depot to get some stuff for my father-in-law to fix the window on the door I broke. I was sober when I broke it too, just stuck my hand through it when I reached back to catch it before it shut. Anyway...the following conversation took place at the paint counter as we waited for help.....

MAN IN HOME DEPOT: Hey....I need some heat resistant caulk (only he said it without the "L")
ME (nasal clearing): SKOFF
STORE CLERK 1: Caulk? (again, no "L")
ME: Oh man....classic!
MAN IN HOME DEPOT: Yeah, caulking for a hot area (again, and forever more....no "L" is being used)
ME: (eyes watering) I gotta go...
STORE CLERK 1: Hey, Joey....can you show this gentleman where the caulk is?
JOEY: Sure...we keep all the caulk right over here...

At this point, I notice the 2 gals at the counter are either lesbians or just two older, single women in Home Depot together on a Sunday night. I choose to believe they were lesbians because of the following...

STORE CLERK:(to the gals) I don't know where the caulk is....
LESBIANS: (look at each other, perplexed)
STORE CLERK: You 2 might have better luck finding the caulk than me at this point...
ME: (Look at my wife, shocked she's not hearing this) I'll be in the hot tub area....

No comments: